Academic Publications by the Roaring Developers
- Daniel Lemire, Owen Kaser, Nathan Kurz, Luca Deri, Chris O’Hara, François Saint-Jacques, Gregory Ssi-Yan-Kai, Roaring Bitmaps: Implementation of an Optimized Software Library, Software: Practice and Experience (to appear) arXiv:1709.07821
- Samy Chambi, Daniel Lemire, Owen Kaser, Robert Godin, Better bitmap performance with Roaring bitmaps, Software: Practice and Experience 46 (5), pages 709-719, May 2016. arXiv:1402.6407. (Data used in the paper)
- Daniel Lemire, Gregory Ssi-Yan-Kai, Owen Kaser, Consistently faster and smaller compressed bitmaps with Roaring, Software: Practice and Experience 46 (11), pages 1547-1569, November 2016. arXiv:1603.06549
- Samy Chambi, Daniel Lemire, Robert Godin, Kamel Boukhalfa, Charles Allen, Fangjin Yang, Optimizing Druid with Roaring bitmaps, IDEAS 2016, 2016. Available freely from ACM.
- Jianguo Wang, Chunbin Lin, Yannis Papakonstantinou, Steven Swanson, An Experimental Study of Bitmap Compression vs. Inverted List Compression, SIGMOD 2017, 2017.
- Gheorghi Guzun and Guadalupe Canahuate, Hybrid query optimization for hard-to-compress bit-vectors, VLDB, 2016.
- Firas Abuzaid et al., Yggdrasil: An Optimized System for Training Deep Decision Trees at Scale, NIPS 2016, 2016.
- Tarique Siddiqui et al., Effortless Data Exploration with Zenvisage: An Expressive and Interactive Visual Analytics System, VLDB, 2016.
- Andreas van Cranenburgh, Remko Scha, Rens Bod, Data-oriented parsing with discontinuous constituents and function tags, Journal of Language Modelling, 2016.
- Benjamin Krogh, Christian S. Jensen, Kristian Torp, Efficient In-memory Indexing of Network-constrained Trajectories, Proceedings of the 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, 2016.
- Alan Bernstein, A Map of the Entire Universe
- Travis Turner, Using Bitmaps to Perform Range Queries
- Max De Marzi, Property-level security with Neo4J enterprise
- Julia Evans, Fast integer sets with Roaring Bitmaps (and, making friends with your modern CPU)
- Galderic Punti, Player segmentation using bitmap data structures (at King Digital Entertainment, the company behind Candy Crush)
- Adrien Grand, Frame of Reference and Roaring Bitmaps (at Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch)
- Conard Lee, The anatomy of a Druid segment file (at Optimizely)
- Mark Cooper, 10,000 times faster than MySQL? (at Brigade)