- Samy Chambi, Daniel Lemire, Owen Kaser, Robert Godin, Better bitmap performance with Roaring bitmaps, Software: Practice and Experience 46 (5), pages 709-719, May 2016. arXiv:1402.6407. (Data used in the paper)
- Daniel Lemire, Gregory Ssi-Yan-Kai, Owen Kaser, Consistently faster and smaller compressed bitmaps with Roaring, Software: Practice and Experience 46 (11), pages 1547-1569, November 2016. arXiv:1603.06549
- Samy Chambi, Daniel Lemire, Robert Godin, Kamel Boukhalfa, Charles Allen, Fangjin Yang, Optimizing Druid with Roaring bitmaps, IDEAS 2016, 2016. Available freely from ACM.
- Galderic Punti, Player segmentation using bitmap data structures (at King Digital Entertainment, the company behind Candy Crush)
- Adrien Grand, Frame of Reference and Roaring Bitmaps (at Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch)
- Conard Lee, The anatomy of a Druid segment file (at Optimizely)
- Mark Cooper, 10,000 times faster than MySQL? (at Brigade)