- RoaringBitmap is a widely used, optimized and robust Java library. It supports both regular and off-heap (e.g., memory mapped) bitmaps.
- The CRoaring library is a C/C++ library that provides an optimized implementation of Roaring for C/C++ programmers. It works under Windows (Visual Studio), Linux (ARM and x64) and macOS.
- We have a pure Go implementation of Roaring.
In addition to the Java, C/C++, Python and Go versions described above, there are many other ports.
- Agda: Roaring bitmaps in Agda by Eugene Akentyev
- C: Roaring bitmaps in C by Chris O’Hara
- C++: izenelib by izenecloud
- Cython: Roaring Bitmap in Cython by Andreas van Cranenburgh
- C#: A .NET library for compressed bit set data structures
- C#: A .NET Implementation of RoaringBitmap (C#)
- Go: Roaring Bitmaps - compressed bitmaps in Go by Fernando Zandona
- Haskell: Roaring Bitmaps in Haskell by Thomas Sutton
- Java: Apache Lucene has a Roaring bitmap implementation (source code)
- Julia: Roaring bitmaps for julia by Ben J. Ward
- OCaml: Roaring bitmaps for OCaml
- Python: The Whoosh search engine uses Roaring (source code)
- Python: Basic roaring bitmap in Python by Tomáš Maršálek
- Rust: Roaring bitmap implementation for Rust by Nemo157
- Rust: An implementation of the Roaring Bitmap by Zhe Wang